Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Meal No 3082: Bacon-Cheddar Sandwiches

Ah, 'tis the first of May, in this marvelous season of spring in the Old North State. Life in the Roediger House proceeds swimmingly, with lots of time outside in the bright sunshine and the welcome warmth of these post-winter days. Ah, but we must look back to April today, thanks to an oversupply of blog posts and being rather ahead of schedule with entries to upload. This post recounts the mid-day meal from Thursday a week ago, when hunger overtook me early and I pulled my cooked bacon from the fridge to make bacon-cheese sandwiches on brioche buns...along with a couple of fried eggs for good measure. Part of the incentive to eat well ahead of suppertime was because of a ridiculouss dessert I'd made that morning, plus a planned double-feature trek to a/perture cinema that night. While I do love the work I do, I confess to appreciating how an early wrap of the schedule this spring is proving rewarding and relaxing.

No comments: