Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 13, 2022

Meal No. 3090: Juicy Burgers on the Grill

It's not unusual for me to have one idea when I'm grocery shopping, which I then have to convert into some other idea once the reality of daily pursuits brings me to a supper-preparation moment. That's why I defaulted back on May 4th to burgers on the grill for dinner instead of some other more sensational use for a pound of ground beef. But it was a lovely breezy warm spring late afternoon, and I'd put in some good yard time (mostly on weeding), and the meal was well-suited to the evening.


Adapted from "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53. Pillsbury was purchased in 2001 by General Mills, home of Betty Crocker (founded in 1921, mind you!), after which it basically ceased to exist as a company and lives on just as a brand. Perhaps that explains why a Pillsbury cookbook recipe from 2003 is now only found on the Betty Crocker website.

No comments: