Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Meal No. 3092: Cheeseburger Pizza

Hunger struck at lunchtime on the first Friday of May, and I rose to the challenge by making a quick somewhat thin crust for a maiden voyage of Cheeseburger pizza, using the leftover grilled burger from a couple of meals before.

I'd been hankering to try some pizza variety and this one was a solid choice.

But the other thing I've been jonesing for a bit is another trial run for Pizza Inn-style chocolate dessert pizza, which Pizza Inn called "Pizzert." I made a fresh pizza crust, trying to achieve an even thinner version with a slight bit of honey-infused sweetness. Everything else was a short-cut, though: both chocolate and white chocolate instant puddings were the top topping above the parbaked crust with the parbaked butter-soaked cake batter.

It wasn't stupendous and not sufficiently reminiscent of the long-time local favorite when I was growing up. But I'm glad I notched another attempt.


Based on "Cheeseburger Pizza," by Shawn Syphus of IWashYouDry.com.

"Pizzert Dessert Pizza," an in-process adaptation from 2 Crochet Hooks (Millie & Kristina of Raleigh/Durham, NC).

No comments: