Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Churros and Chocolate Dipping Sauce

After making custard doughnuts in the early half of May, I had a nice pot of mostly clean cooking oil ready for some other use. One of my fried dough recipes that had been set aside for trial was churros, and out of the several recipes I'd grabbed and saved, I chose the wrong one to try. I mean, they were tasty especially when dipped into the chocolate sauce...but the dough was entirely too goopy and sticky to maintain any churro-like shape, or ease of frying.

That was the dessert following Meal No. 3100 Sunday a week ago, and none remained once they were served up. Admittedly, some pieces had an undercooked interior but those that were fully cooked: yum. Unshapely, but that's appropriate, given their effect on my own body shape.


"Churros," from John Kanell of The Preppy Kitchen blog. [Published 04 November 2020]

No comments: