Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 9, 2022

Meal No. 3088: Liège Waffles

Back in early November, I came across a recipe for liège waffles, a yeasted brioche-style version of the more common Belgian waffles, that has the added feature of pearl sugar to make them extra interesting. With a pantry-refreshing order from King Arthur Baking in preparation for the December holidays, I splurged on their pearl sugar offering to help me get one step closer to trying this out, which finally occurred on the final Friday night of April. A compelling variation but only to a certain degree: while I'm glad I tried them out and I did manage to overeat from what was on my plate, I doubt these will be preferred to my traditional Belgian waffles (made with club soda!) or the buttermilk version from Serious Eats.


"Liège Waffles," from Nicole Rufus of TheKitchn.com. [Published 10 November 2021]

No comments: