Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 6, 2022

Meal No. 3086: Crockpot Chicken Tinga Tacos

Back on April 26th, I embarked on a little adventure, taking me down two new recipe paths: chicken tinga soft tacos and homemade corn tortillas. Diced red onion and tomato were the standard additions, of course, but I also rather enjoyed the avocado jalapeño crema plus a fresh batch of my own Mexican restaurant white dipping sauce. I did find the chicken portion to be adequate but not sensational, making the added components the avenue to supper salvation.

My novel experiments with various breads and bread-like creations continues: with authentic masa harina corn flour, water, and a bit of salt, plus a brand-new tortilla press, I made tortillas to go with it. I didn't achieve the customary brown-spotting but the results were still pretty darned good.


Based on "Crockpot Crispy Chicken Tinga Tacos with Avocado Jalapeño Crema," from Tieghan Gerard of the Half-Baked Harvest blog. [Published 01 March 2022]

"Homemade Corn Tortillas," from Jenn Segal of OnceUponaChef.com. [Published 24 June 2020]

"Mexican Restaurant White Dipping Sauce," a recipe worked out by me, sampled by Spring Street, and approved of by all.

No comments: