Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Meal No. 3087: Roasted Salmon & Broccoli

After a six-month boycott of my long-time Harris Teeter on Cloverdale, and a number of conversations with corporate management about the decline there since a new manager was installed, I agreed Thursday a week ago to return to the store to see if their intervention efforts were bearing observable fruit. While I was glad to see some of the long-time associates, it was not an inspiring or encouraging shopping trip. I came home with the only piece of salmon that looked viable, wrapped up by the same gruff and off-putting Fisherman's Market staffer who was the reason I abandoned the store in November. The salmon was spiced up and roasted, along with broccoli florets, so that at least that night I could indulge in a favorite meal that has been somewhat missing from the dinner scene lately.

No comments: