Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 20, 2022

Meal No. 3096: Glorious Beef and Mushroom Stirfry

I might have been in a bit of a giddy mood in early May, when I spotted a nice special on beef tenderloins, and went ahead and took advantage of it even though the freezer is currently too well stocked. When I broke open the package to trim and portion it and prep it for the Food Saver vacuum bags to store away, I made sure to save out plenty of fresh morsels to then toss into marinade and stirfry in the wok for steaming bowls of glorious beef and mushrooms, along with onion and asparagus and some additional wok sauce I made. Man, oh, man: for a basic Tuesday meal just over a week ago, it was high caliber.


"Glorious Beef with Mushrooms," in Wok Fast by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. Ten Speed Press, 2002, p. 87 (recipe) and p. 26-27 (marinade and sauce).

No comments: