Search RoHo Blog

Friday, August 23, 2024

Meal No. 3677: Tomato & Corn Galette

A preceding grocery run had me thinking of a different use for a mess of Roma tomatoes but I figured Thursday a week ago I'd better do something with 'em before they went bad on me. A natural choice was a tomato and corn pie, although I chose to make it a galette instead so that the other pie crust could be used for dessert. It was imperfect, but still scrumptious, and I included my much-loved roasted broccoli (enhanced with a marvelous Shenandoah herb blend!) on the side. That Thursday was a bit humid but still a nice day and I found myself drawn to a bit of yard work. That supper was all the more suited to my appetite as a result.


Pulled together and based on the following evolving recipe history:

"All-Butter Pie Crust," from King Arthur Test Kitchen of King Arthur Baking. See also "Butter vs. Shortening: The Great Pie Crust Bake-Off," by PJ Hamel of King Arthur Baking. [Published 23 November 2013]

No comments: