Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Meal No. 3675: Beef & Cheddar Melts

National Filet Mignon Day occurred last Tuesday, but instead of a traditional steak plate with understandable sides, I wanted to make sure I put my recently-made burger buns to use. I whipped up the beef and cheddar melts sauce that morning when I transferred the vacuum-sealed prepped filet from the freezer to the sous vide immersion circulator; one can tell that I went a bit overboard when coming up with that recipe:

Early afternoon, when the beef was ready, I sliced it and set up the buttered-griddled buns to receive the caramelized onions and cheese slices, tossed it all back on the grill for a suitable melting time, and brought that sauce to bear on the whole situation. These were marvelous, as one might hope.

No comments: