Search RoHo Blog

Friday, August 16, 2024

Meal No. 3672: Beef Crunchwraps

I've been blessed lately with some insomnia, I guess, awaking around 1 am and not getting back to sleep until after 5 am. Sometimes I lie there and scroll through my phone; sometimes I get up and sit by the fireside reading; every once in a while I'll use those overnight wee hours to get my walk in. (That's what happened last Saturday morning: a 3-mile downtown stroll starting at about 3:30 am when it was clear I was not going to get back to sleep.) Anyway: it was scrolling on a previous night of sleeplessness that brought me to an Instagram post about beef crunchwraps. I'd made seasoned taco beef earlier in the week and set it aside for this very purpose. On Saturday, I set up a batch of Mexican crema, and then I also made a jalapeño quesadilla sauce. I'd already diced tomato and onion and had some chopped romaine as well. As dinnertime approached, I undertook my maiden voyage with crunchwrap assembly, to then pan-sear in a hot skillet. Lacking in technique but still coming through with a helluva result, that was a mighty pile of goodness that I have no regrets about whatsoever.


Adapted from "Beef Crunchwrap," from Maciej Zurawski of Grillin' with Dad. [Published 16 May 2024]

Taco-Style Meat based on "Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com. [Published 10 April 2012]

"Fajita Seasoning Mix," from ForTheMommas.com. [Published 20 February 2012] Adapted from "Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe" on Food.com.

"Mexican Crema," from Elaine Benoit of DishesDelish.com. [Published 28 April 2022]

"Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce," from Alexa Blay of Key to My Lime. [Published 29 April 2019]

No comments: