Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2022

The Positive Implications of a Color Printer Upgrade

Oh, the endlessness of one's to-do lists, that of course will understandably include items of vital importance but also simply of preference. It's been a long time since I owned a really good color photo printer, which means I've had scattered about the house a mix of outdated, irrelevant, and also poorly-printed photographs in frames. I reached a point of combined frustration and inspiration in September, did the necessry research, and pulled the trigger on getting a new color inkjet printer: the Canon PIXMA G620 pictured here:

Then, I went on a short search (with quick positive results) for which closet into which I'd stuck away some various empty picture frames, pulled out my large paper cutter that I had back in my classroom teaching days, and ended up with a much enhanced and much refreshed personalization of various common spaces throughout the house. It was a pleasing little project to complete.

The unresolved question at this moment: whether this printer will allow me to get back into the habit and business of making my own birthday cards for sending out to friends and loved ones.... Its predecessor did not treat the card paper particularly well and I've missed my efforts to maintain this anachronistic snailmail practice.

No comments: