Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Meal No. 3198: Bacon-Onion-Cheddar Puff Pastry Pizza

As the weekend before last was wrapping up, after a terrific houseguest departed, another marvelous pair of visitors came for an afternoon hang that Sunday: my college roommate Jimmy and his wonderful wife Julie. With a tally of 37 years of friendship, they remain among my most favorite people in the world. Talking and catching up were so engrossing that I completely forgot that I wanted us to grab a picture with one another, as we have regularly done when they've made the journey here from Sanford. Eventually, it was necessary to let them head back home late afternoon, and so I opted for a quick-prepped supper here that night: bacon, onion, and cheddar puff pastry pizza with a base of homemade barbecue sauce (that I had tucked away in the fridge), which was well-suited to the end of a fine weekend in Winston.

No comments: