Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Eggnog Tres Leches Cake

Perhaps it's a coping mechanism, knowing that the change of seasons was approaching and knowing how much I will not look forward to being cold and losing all my good outside time...but in late September I made a nice batch of eggnog. Pretty delicious all by itself, but its first dedicated purpose was as part of the sweet soak for an eggnog tres leches cake. Oh, that cake was pretty awesome, boosted by the homemade whipped cream I put on it instead of the recipe's recommended shortcut of topping the milk-soaked sponge layer with Cool Whip. Since I re-upped my supply of whole nutmeg and got a really good grinder, the essential spice element was present and accounted for. The dinner guests back on September 21st definitely approved, so extra slices went home with them when we wrapped up our evening.

Also, as for that grand batch of marvelous eggnog itself, I seemed to have more success folding the sweetened whipped egg whites into the custard base this time; I don't always feel triumphant at that phase of the process.


"Eggnog Tres Leches Cake," from Michele Feuerborn of FlavorMosaic.com. [Published 13 December 2015]

No comments: