Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Meal No. 3206: Baby Back Pork Ribs

A BOGO special on baby back pork ribs meant I had an especially thick and meaty package to cook up on the final Thursday of September. I have found over the years that I rather like the ease and results of the oven-baked method, and that's what I went with. Once more, the ribs had great flavor, but this time they did not quite reach the fall-off-the-bone stage. I managed to turn it into a too-large-too-much meal with the addition of homemade potato salad (with freshly hard-boiled eggs) as well as a riff on my mother's southern coleslaw. It was a pretty stupendous meal, and I really underwalked as bedtime approched, which means I did not burn off nearly enough of all those calories!


"How to Make Great Ribs in the Oven," by Emma Christensen. From The Kitchn. [Published 01 July 2017]

Sweet Southern Coleslaw based in part on a recipe from Allison M. Jones.

Potato Salad based on "The Best Potato Salad," by Ben Rayl of ComfortableFood.com [Accessed 20 February 2016]; and "Instant Pot Potato Salad with Dill Pickles," from Becky Hardin of TheCookieRookie.com [Published 20 March 2018].

Guidance for Hard-Boiled Eggs from "Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs," by Jill Winger of the Prairie Homestead [Published April 2016]; and from "Instant Pot Recipes Everyone Should Know," by Alina Bradford from c|net.com. [Published 17 May 2018]

No comments: