Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Meal No. 2975: World's Best Lasagna

A much-loved favorite was brought back to the Roediger House dinner table on the Saturday before Thanksgiving: a heaping pan of delicious homemade lasagna. That's what I served for six of us, along with garden salads with a choice of either Thousand Island dressing or Sunshine salad dressing. (I made both of those late afternoon to be ready for suppertime.)

A long-time regular feature of larger gatherings here, that amazing lasagna has mostly disappeared since spring of 2018, when I initiated a weight management effort that I'm still working hard to maintain three-and-a-half years later. In fact, the one time I made lasagna was this past summer, when special guests from Oklahoma were visiting.

The day was a November Saturday with a mix of clouds and sun, with pushy breezes that spoke in wintry tones even though we were in the mid 50s. I was chilled a good bit of the day and was content to spend plenty of time indoors. Apparently, Sumner was feeling similarly, as the above photo might suggest.

I've been pretty aggressive with managing the leaves thus far this fall. The City has already collected one of my piles, and that morning I snapped a shot of the much larger one that I'll continue adding to until the collection team circles through again.


"World's Best Lasagna," by John Chandler (Dallas, TX). Found online at AllRecipes.com.

Adapted from "Thousand Island Dressing," from Graybert on GeniusKitchen.com.

"Sunshine Salad Dressing," from Kathryne Taylor of Cookie+Kate.

No comments: