Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Meal No. 2884: World's Best Lasagna

For a dish that was such a regular favorite feature for many years here at the Roediger House, one might think that the World's Best Lasagna would not have been able to achieve such a long disappearing act. But it has been MIA for over three years, thanks to the weight management push I undertook because my doctor told me in early 2018 that I was getting fat.

Among the changes I've made has been either the reduction or virtual elimination of some much-loved foodstuffs. With a delightful holiday weekend visit from Oklahoma friends around the Independence Day holiday, though, the specialness of the occasion enticed me to bring it out of exile.

Perhaps because it was in some ways a big deal to bring back that lasagna, and because one might just wish to be as good a host as possible (!), I also made focaccia to go with it.

Was this only the third time I've made it? I wish it had looked better but the taste was pretty awesome!

And there was also some fresh-chopped Romaine that was incorporated into a well-dressed Caesar salad, with the extra touches of homemade dressing, hard-boiled eggs...

...and homemade croutons. After all that, I guess we didn't have to have a dessert.


"World's Best Lasagna," by John Chandler (Dallas, TX). Found online at AllRecipes.com.

"Focaccia," from Anne Burrell of the Food Network.

"Easy Lemon Caesar Salad Dressing," by Kim of lowcarbmaven.com.

"Croutons," by Marg CaymanDesigns on GeniusKitchen.com.

The 5-5-5 Method of Using the Instant Pot for Hard-Boiled Eggs can be found here: "Perfect Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs," from Kristen Chidsey of A MindFull Mom. [Published 28 August 2018 / Updated 05 November 2020]

No comments: