Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 15, 2021

Farmhouse Buttermilk Cake

Not that any sweets were needed at the start of last week, when I'd been indulging pretty heavily in delicious food and tipping my scales in the wrong direction. But on a day when I hadn't eaten much and was restless in the early evening hours, I figured I'd use up some buttermilk that was lingering in the fridge, which led me to pull out a once-tried recipe from last Christmas season: farmhouse buttermilk cake. Very much in a non-chocolate vein of Scotch chocolate or Texas sheet cake, it is tender and sweet with a praline-esque topping. Too good straight out of the oven, if a bit gooey, and just as perfect the next day, albeit with more physical integrity.


"Farmhouse Buttermilk Cake," from King Arthur Baking Company.

No comments: