Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Meal No. 2883: Braised Chicken and Brussels Sprouts

Back on Monday, July 5th, I wanted another decent meal that would suit the demands of a table of six folks. Because it's usually dependably good, I decided to go with braised chicken thighs with Brussels sprouts and shallots, and then I also made a large pan of apple and bacon stuffing to help balance it all out. Quite frankly, I wish it had all been better. I was a bit disappointed.

But we could not let the evening end without some sweet treat. How convenient, then, that there was an easy go-to recipe that I was trying out for the second time: a no-bake cheesecake with a Biscoff cookie crust. Fortunately, I was able to whip it up pretty quickly the night before, after cleaning up from our grilled cheeseburgers for July 4th. I've not forgotten how alluring a traditional cheesecake can be, but this whipped, creamy, and slightly tangy version is light and different and ideal for summer.


"Braised Chicken and Brussels Sprouts," in Everyday Food, Issue 97, November 2012, p. 22.

Apple and Bacon Stuffing adapted from "Basic Stuffing," from Food Network Magazine.

"How to Make the Best No-Bake Cheesecake," by Stella Parks, BraveTart and pastry wizard, and now an Editor Emeritus of SeriousEats.com. [Recipe Updated 30 October 2019]

No comments: