Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Meal No. 2874: Split Chicken Breasts

Friday June 25: another perfect temp summer day, low 80s, mostly sunny, not too humid. Perfect for the 12th ride around Salem Lake, I might add, although it was a tougher day on my bike because I just didn't seem to be able to muster full energy. It felt good to press on anyway, and I still hit my 20-mile mark for the whole trek. Let's none of us be surprised, then, that I had a pretty good appetite for supper, so I prepped split chicken breasts and put them into the sous vide, and tossed whole green beans into the oven, and rounded out the menu with easy stovetop stuffing. An unhealthy dollop of Alabama great white sauce was ideal for dipping the chicken morsels into.

As soon as the dinner dishes were cleaned up, I went straight into cookie land, bringing back the lemon sugar cookies for the evening sweet finisher. I guess I was too lazy to roll them in sugar but they're still pretty good cookies even without that.


Chicken was prepped and cooked based on "The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Chicken Breast," by J. Kenji López-Alt, former culinary director of SeriousEats.com. [Updated 28 May 2020]

"Alabama Great White Sauce," from Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press (2003), p. 362.

"Lemon Sugar Cookies," from Melissa Stadler of ModernHoney.com. [Published 21 March 2016]

No comments: