Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Meal No. 2887: Peruvian-Spiced Chicken Thighs

Last Sunday night, it was dinner for four, featuring Peruvian-spiced chicken thighs cooked up via sous vide. I spiced and roasted potatoes and also roasted broccoli florets.

For our dessert that night, I tried something new, and I think it actually worked out pretty darned well. With a good portion of the banana bread loaf remaining, I cut slices and griddled them in butter in the cast iron skillet. I'd already made a new batch of vanilla ice cream, using a new approach, and it was a perfect pairing for the toasted banana bread portions.

And speaking of frozen dairy treats, although the following night was leftovers at the house, I still had whipped up yet another dessert from a new recipe: lime sherbet. Tangy, sweet, refreshing, summery, and absolutely repeatable! It's going to be a nice alternative to the key lime frozen yogurt that I used to make and haven't brought out in a while.

By the way, the chicken thighs are so easy and good that they reappeared for the very next meal last Wednesday night (after a couple of days of leftovers and oatmeal in between). This time I served them with roasted green beans and quinoa.


Vanilla Ice Cream Based on "Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches," from King Arthur Baking.

"Lime Sherbet," from Kathy Berget of BeyondtheChickenCoop.com. [Published 09 June 2018 / Updated 20 April 2020]

No comments: