Search RoHo Blog

Monday, July 19, 2021

Meal No. 2888: Pesto, Ricotta, and Mozzarella Deep-Dish Pizzas

A couple of weeks prior, I'd finally gotten around to trying out an overnight deep dish pizza dough and absolutely loved the results. So I was hankering to bring it back to the dinner table, which occurred last Thursday night.

Thanks to the generous sharing yet again of basil from the neighbors, supplemented with some from my own window pot of it, I made pesto for the base. Then I topped it with ricotta and fresh mozzarella slices, plus some more cheese, and baked it up into something amazing.

It is such an easy dough to throw together, with minimal effort by the cook, since it's the long overnight rest and rise that really give it its wonderful texture and flavor. I feel like I've been away from pizza for a long time now, and this is definitely calling me back.


"Easy Basil Pesto," by Adam and Joanne Gallagher of InspiredTaste.net. [Originally Published August 2013]

"Fool-Proof Pan Pizza" [Updated 03 January 2020] and "Pesto Pizza" [Updated 27 February 2019], by J. Kenji López-Alt, former culinary director of SeriousEats.com.

No comments: