Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Meal No. 2873: Filet Mignon

After trying to give myself a few weeks to properly heal from a nagging injury that had kept me off my bike and off the walking trails with Sumner, I took full advantage of the fantastic weather back on June 24 to make my 11th cycling trek out around Salem Lake. I was surprised I had as much energy as I did, given how out of condition I thought I must be, but the appetite I worked up was pretty hardcore. I plopped a couple of prepped and vacuum-sealed beef filets into the sous vide and finished them with a good hot sear in the cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, I gave some fresh asparagus spears a good drizzle of garlic olive oil and roasted them to a tender crisped perfection. That was one fine meal for this old man in his famished state.

Although it's now the time of the summer where citronella incense is necessary in order to enjoy outside sitting time, at least in the evening, I lit up a few sticks so that I could watch the rising of the Strawberry Super Moon that night. I'm lousy at moon photography but here is the foolish shot I took. It was a pretty glorious sight on one of those summer nights where everything came together to make it a delightful and simple moment.

No comments: