Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Meal No. 3042: French Toast

It shocked me as I watched myself making it for last Friday night's dinner, but it was worth every fret and worry to have such a satisfying and long-absent result: French Toast. I don't often allow myself those sorts of high sugar, high carb exploits these days, and I dove head first into that plate piled up with three gorgeous and tasty slices.

As we saw the waning days of February, unsurprisingly bounced along between warm sunny springlike days and chilling windswept and wet wintry-hinted days (quite often alternating one day to the next!), that particular Friday involved a lovely sunny almost warm afternoon. Sumner was content to find himself a splash of sunshine in the driveway and to position himself comfortably while watching the activity of the street on which we live.


"French Toast," from King Arthur Flour online.

No comments: