Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Meal No. 3059: Salmon Caesar Salad

After an indulgent celebratory Saturday night supper gathering, it seemed wise to cool my appetite and intake jets a bit with a healthier dinner menu last Sunday night. When the salmon looked good enough on my quick afternoon grocery run, that settled the matter. For the evening meal, it was roasted spiced salmon over power greens with homemade creamy Caesar dressing, and it suited the bill perfectly. Of course, the naughtiness in me could not stay my hand as it reached for the last of the previous evening's New Orleans pecan pie bread pudding with whiskey sauce. It was a leftover that shouldn't get left behind.

That Sunday was also the first day of Spring, and I was darned glad of it. Never mind that it was a deceptively cool mid-60s day with very strong March winds that passed right through you...I am always happier when I can see winter in the rear view mirror and can look ahead to sunny days, warm temps, outside time, yardwork, and pleasant walks and aggressive bike rides. The next varietal of daffodil emerged that day, captured in the morning sunlight (above).


Based on "Easy Lemon Caesar Salad Dressing," by Kim of lowcarbmaven.com.

No comments: