Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Ina Garten's Lemon Bars

With some lemons getting long in the tooth, I squeezed the good sweet juice out of them and then found myself a good opportunity to turn it into an amazing lip-puckering batch of Ina Garten's incredible lemon bars with a shortbread crust. That was part of my kitchen labors on the final Saturday of winter, on the same day I also made the ridiculous New Orleans pecan pie bread pudding with whiskey sauce...so the lemon bars were put aside and held in reserve until the following Monday night's dinner. They were also a handy treat to take along when I spent yet another day with administrative interns up in Mount Airy, NC, on March 22nd.


"Lemon Bars," by Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Published in Barefoot Contessa Parties!, Clarkson Potter Publishers, 2001.

No comments: