Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Meal No. 3541: Mexican Street Taco Pork Nachos

When I couldn't find what I was hoping for at the grocery, I had to default to a simple dinner choice last Tuesday evening. Not especially well-suited to it being the official Mardi Gras night but it was well-suited to my tummy and tastes: Mexican street taco pork converted into cheesy sheet pan nachos, with black beans and corn kernels, a generous smattering of onion, and lots of that delicious shredded pork. It was mostly filled with Mexican cheese but I did shake out some sharp cheddar on top, given that it was National Cheddar Day. All that and lime crema too? You betcha.

February 13: also the date I saw the earliest of the yard's daffodils beginning to bloom, as shown above.


Sheet Pan Nachos loosely inspired by "Loaded Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos," from Elyse of Six Sisters Stuff. [Published 14 March 2018]

"Easy Lime Crema," from Lisa Bryan of DownShiftology.com. [Published 22 April 2020]

No comments: