Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Meal No. 3535: Chicken Fried Rice with Broccoli

Last Monday I was lost in my own dinner-planning fog and could not settle on what should be made. I had chicken breast and some leftover rice, and that sealed the deal: chicken fried rice with crisp broccoli florets, plus a sexy stir-fry sauce to bring it all to another level. Turned out to be a tad heavy in my stomach but it sure tasted good!

I still had one dessert surprise up my sleeve, thanks to the scraps I'd saved when making croissants the week before. Rolled up like a pinwheel, brushed with a bit of whipped egg white, and coated thoroughly with cinnamon and sugar: this unique take on a croissant really impressed...and was helpfully boosted by a couple of dollops of eggnog frosting alongside!


Based on "Classic Chicken Fried Rice" [Published 26 October 2015 / Updated 04 May 2023] and "How to Velvet Chicken for Stir-Fry" [Published 24 March 2020 / Updated 27 June 2022], from Bill Leung of TheWoksofLife.com.

Supplemental Stir-Fry Sauce inspired by "5 Easy Sauce Recipes that Will Make Everything You Eat Taste Way Better," by Sophia Roe on Well + Good. [Published 09 January 2019]

No comments: