Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Meal No. 3532: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Croissants

With little more to go on than imagination and the rough guidance of a smattering of recipe websites for how to prep and cook my creations, I thought I'd use the other half of last week's croissant dough to make savory stuffed versions. With caramelized onion and bell peppers, the shortcut of deli roast beef, and slices of American cheese, these rolled-up Philly cheesesteak sandwich pastries were an odd product that worked strangely well.


I didn't use all of the remaining laminated dough to make those Philly cheesesteak stuffed croissants: I had also saved out two portions to make pains au chocolat for that evening's unnecessary dessert. Riffing on things remembered from recipes read previously, and pulling back to mind some of the process from my two previous makings of these pastries, they were more than I could handle after so large and filling a supper. Still, it was worth it to struggle and persevere.

No comments: