Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Meal No. 3530: Korean Beef & Broccoli Bowls

Ready for something a smidge different, I adapted a Korean beef stir fry on the final day of January, added roasted broccoli, brought out leftover rice to make it even more substantial, and kept tinkering with the ginger-hoisin-soy sauce until it was just right for serving. It wasn't stupendous but it satisfied.

With a couple of Zoom sessions on tap that Wednesday, which for me occur in the North Parlour, I never could quite shake a chill. We did not break out of the upper 40s here, so before I started on dinner prep I struck a happy match to the fire I'd already laid. Scarlett and Sumner were happy to nestle in nearby as well, as that potent heat from yet another raging blaze made us all feel so much more cozy. This was Fire No. 93 since the wood-burning fireplace was included with the new kitchen on the rear of the house.


Based loosely on "Korean Ground Beef Stir Fry with Gochujang," by Rika Agustini of Posh Journal. [Published 27 June 2019]

No comments: