Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Meal No. 3536: Fettuccine Alfredo

I try on occasion to get direction for meal planning by playing along with the "National Day of" calendar, so my menu on Wednesday evening was set by the grand observance of National Fettuccine Alfredo Day. Not a pasta dish that I make all that often any more, so its reappearance as the central feature was more special for its rarity. And as long as I was blowing through the guardrails of my weight maintenance efforts, why not also whip up ridiculous garlic breadsticks? I'm just glad Bradley Phillis wasn't here to do a running count of the number consumed.

Speaking of counting, I'm still counting myself pretty lucky that I was able to track down this fine new automobile that I found myself stopping to admire again as I was returning from rolling the trash cart to the curb that night.

There's something new for the pooches to enjoy as well, also in a fine shade of blue: a new long window cushion that allows both of them to sit up in the pool table area's huge window and watch the world go by.

Or just soak up the sun. Or nap up on high (it is on the third floor, after all!).

In the last couple of days, I've noticed the earliest push of the forthcoming tulips by the back door, which means that the trials of winter may not be so great as to make me utterly nuts. But that doesn't mean Winston-Salem was entirely free of other kinds of nuts:

The great man struck down by an assassin's bullet in 1968 is a far cry from the loon who inherited his name and none of his good sense!


"The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce Ever!" by Alyssa Rivers of The Recipe Critic. [Published 18 February 2016 / Updated 02 May 2023]

"Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks," from Tessa Arias of HandletheHeat.com. [Published 13 December 2013 / Updated 18 January 2023]

No comments: