Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Meal No. 3472: Murgh Makhani

Last Saturday's happy evening was due to another delightful visit from my college suitemate Ronnie and his wife Tina, who've been dear friends of mine for nearly 40 years. I picked out a menu that I thought would be tasty and less-than-ordinary but that could still be put together with relative ease and that would allow plenty of time to visit and interact. Classic full-flavored butter chicken fit that bill, served over basmati rice, with roasted cumin-coriander cauliflower florets. I'm always happy to see guests willing to have seconds, but we also all still left just enough room for a terrific dessert to follow. More on that in an upcoming blog post!

The high that final Saturday of October was a remarkable 84°F, which I found pretty glorious. For that I also had good company:

I blew the leaves from the driveway but by the next day you'd have no idea that I had done so. That had me out on the driveway again yesterday, blowing and raking an even bigger pile of them, in hopes I could get it done while the good weather remained and before the arrival of the anticipated chill and rains on the final day of the month. (Too bad about Halloween night for the kids!) Since temps were heading into the first freeze of fall, I also drained and shut down the irrigation system yesterday afternoon.


"Finger Lickin' Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)," by Marzia Aziz of Little Spice Jar.

No comments: