Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Meal No. 3468: Bacon, Caramelized Onion, and Gruyère Quiche

Once I decided I'd work up a a batch of pie dough, it set the course for last Tuesday's dinner for three: bacon, caramleized onion, and Gruyère quiche, along with roasted asparagus. I really extended the quiche's baking time and it still had not fully set up in the middle, which I'd not had a problem with on my recent trials of that recipe.

I faced a similar dilemma with the other crust's creation: lemon-buttermilk chess pie, also a recipe I've made a number of times but this go-round it was still a bit loose in the center, even with going well past the recommended time for it to bake properly. Both the dinner and the pie tasted great, but I was not a happy chef that night.


Recipe based on "Bacon and Caramelized Onion Quiche," from Mountain Mama Cooks.

"All-Butter Pie Crust," from King Arthur Test Kitchen of King Arthur Baking. See also "Butter vs. Shortening: The Great Pie Crust Bake-Off," by PJ Hamel of King Arthur Baking. [Published 23 November 2013]

"Buttermilk Lemon Pie," from Taste of Home.

No comments: