Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Meal No. 3456: Penne alla Vodka

Now that I've, well, rediscovered pasta with vodka sauce, I've decided I'm kind of fond of it. For Friday night's meal, it was bolstered with sautéed spiced diced chicken. And I feel like I got the sauce closer to fine on this occasion, so it was quite a great weekend-starting dinner.

With an overdue review of the wine rack, I found that I'd harbored quite a collection of red wine dating back to 2001. With high hopes that some of those bottles might still be good, in spite of my amateur management of the collection, I reached for a bottle of 2005 Beaujolais, that served quite nicely as the accompaniment to this delicious pasta.

The new addition of Scarlett to the Roediger household continues to bring joy. Is there a period of adjustment? Well, of course! Sumner is warming to her, and they are engaging in some terrific energetic play inside and out.

I often try and fail to photographically catch his playful but menacing snarl.


Based on "Penne alla Vodka," from Daniel Gritzer, Senior Culinary Director of SeriousEats.com. [Updated 17 March 2023]

No comments: