Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Meal No. 3463: Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

As last weekend came to an end, under chilly fall skies and clouds aplenty, soup was the only answer to the dinner question. The full flavors and hefty punch of bacon cheeseburger soup seemed the best of all possible options, and on this I was not wrong. This recipe is a dependable winner anyway, sort of hard to blow it, but that Sunday evening it was especially compelling.

I had more energy that day than I expected, given that the night before I'd driven over to Fuquay-Varina for my 40th high school reunion which, once again, was really a terrific time. A core cluster of very dedicated classmates who are mostly still in that area really put incredible effort into pulling it off every five years, and we were a present and happy bunch. It was a late night drive back to Winston-Salem and a short night of sleep, but I rode the high of those good times throughout the day.


"Bacon Cheeseburger Soup," from Catalina Castravet and Holly Nilsson of SpendwithPennies.com. [Published 01 March 2018]

No comments: