Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2023

National Lemon Meringue Pie Day

The mix and tumble of random variations continues at the Roediger House, as I take cues from the ongoing march of "National Day of..." notices coming in on my calendar. Last Tuesday, it was National Lemon Meringue Pie Day, or so someone has determined, and very little twisting of my arm was required to whip up one. While my fondness for lemon meringue pie runs deep and long, I have thus far made it only twice before, since I started keeping this blog. The novel aspect to my traditional recipe here was to make my own pie crust, another step on increasing my confidence in that art of the pastry.


"Lemon Meringue Pie," based on a classic and common recipe.

"The Best Easy Pie Crust," by Sam Merritt of Sugar Spun Run. [Published 08 November 2021]

No comments: