Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Cinnamon Scones for a Mid-Week Treat

My memory on this ain't so great, but I seem to recall that, back in my days on faculty at Wake Forest University, I tried a time or two to make scones to take in to go along with my regular coffee pot offering to start a normal day on campus. Perhaps I made scones a time or two here at the house, in my first few years here. But scones have by no means been regular. With the beginning of the blog in 2008 to document the first huge renovation and construction project on the house, there has been exactly one appearance, to mixed success, of any scone recipe: Irish cream scones, in 2010. It was long past time to roll that scone stone and see if it made it downhill, and that was my mid-day experiment at the mid-week point of last week. And it was a baking victory, mind you! I wolfed down two (plus a half!) in quick succession.

Alas, I'll note with displeasure and a marked lack of surprise that the butler's pantry drawer with the cinnamon bits had an even more attractive tempting item in it: maple bits...which apparently drew in the affections of a mouse, most likely. Guess I'll be needing to set out a trap for the little rascal!


"Amazing Cinnamon Chip Scones," from Mel Gunnell of Mel's Kitchen Cafe. [Published 25 April 2016]

No comments: