Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 7, 2023

National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day

With more drear and mist and cool temps under fully grey skies Friday morning, I responded affirmatively to my latest calendar notification regarding a "National Day Of..." observance. In honor of this well-timed National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, I turned to a soft and chewy version that is for me most reminiscent of the homebaked Pillsbury cookies from the plastic-wrapped log, so prevalent during my childhood. These are exceptionally delicious, even if I still count the homemade DoubleTree-style chocolate chip cookies as my most favorite. My vote does not always win around here, and that's how we got this latest batch of what Sam Merritt calls the WORST EVER chocolate chip cookies...tongue in chocolate morsel-packed cheek, of course.


"The WORST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies," from Sam Merritt of SugarSpunRun.com. [Published 28 November 2018; Updated 13 November 2019]

No comments: