Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 30, 2023

Chai-Spiced Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie

Last Wedneday's sweet treat as bedtime approached brought me back to the wonderful and easy chai-spiced snickerdoodle skillet cookie, for the first time in about 10 months. This rascal is easy to throw together at a moment's notice, and can be ready to slice and serve within about an hour. I had more than my fair share of it, unashamedly.

As the meteorological prognosticators sought to offer hope or dismay when we were all looking ahead to the current winter, they promised that the controlling pattern would be La Niña. I took great comfort that this meant it'd be a warmer winter, albeit drier. It feels to me like they missed the mark on this one: it's been chilly a lot, and it sure has been wet. Take the final Wednesday of January, when it rained almost all day and as the afternoon proceeded, the temps here at the Roediger House never rose above 42°F. Well, that's why I included a wood-burning fireplace as part of the kitchen renovation and addition project of 2008-2009.

This was Fire No. 86 in that very fireplace, the second day in a row where this warming joy was called for.

In spite of the drear and drizzle, and the cold and the misery, I still tried to be faithful to my daily walking routine, clocking 4.25 very soggy miles.


"Chai-Spiced Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie," from Heather Baird of SprinkleBakes.com. [Published 06 July 2020]

No comments: