Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Meal No. 3278: Barbecue Chicken, Bacon, & Onion Pan Pizza

Now that I've sort of found my way back to it, I'm digging a ride on the frequent pizza train. Knowing it's pretty quick and easy to throw together the mostly-no-knead dough the night before, and with whatever additional prep might be necessary once I commit to a style or set of toppings the day of, and also wanting to be on an improving trajectory by refining my approach with recent efforts fresh on my mind...that's the combination fueling the current trend. Last Thursday, a humidly warm and occasionally drizzly day, being mostly stuck inside offered enough time to re-up a commitment to the ol' barbecue chicken, bacon, and onion pizza that I find reminiscent of the wonderful Sylvia's Pizza I enjoyed so much on the Downtown Mall in my Charlottesville days.

By late afternoon, a little sunshine poked through and temps were in the mid-60s, which made my post-supper downtown stroll almost warm.


Pizza Crust based on "Fool-Proof Pan Pizza," by J. Kenji López-Alt, culinary consultant for SeriousEats.com. [Updated 26 April 2021]

No comments: