Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Apple Pie with Caramel Sauce

Apparently, last Monday was National Pie Day, so I thought: Why the heck not? With the ease of a Pillsbury refrigerated crust and a storehouse of Granny Smith apples, I made a piled-high lattice-topped version that was tasty but (to me!) not quite sweet enough.

Back during the holiday season, I made a double-batch of bourbon caramel sauce, using yet another new recipe for this, and it had an exceptionally pleasing result. I appreciated the ease with which it could be prepared and the clear directions from the recipe author. And it sure drizzled wontonly onto those baked slices of apple pie.


Based very, very loosely on "Blue Ribbon Caramel-Apple Pie," from King Arthur Baking.

"Bourbon Caramel Sauce," from Ali Ebright Martin of the Gimme Some Oven blog. [Published 31 August 2019]

No comments: