Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 9, 2023

Meal No. 3266: Banana Bread Pancakes with Bananas Foster Maple Syrup

For this past Thursday's evening meal, I figured I'd better do something with the two very ripe large bananas on the counter. Banana bread pancakes could not be beaten among the options, especially since I also added fresh-heated bananas foster syrup plus buttered toasted pecan pieces to it. Lordy, it was a treat to eat while watching Kevin McCarthy lose the US House Speaker's race for the 11th time.

It was a gorgeous day in Winston-Salem, albeit rather breezy. From somewhere buried deep down I mustered up sufficient motivation not only to be outside but even to get to work on some winter yardwork tasks, like mowing down all the monkey grass...and even giving the front yard a final mowing (its 20th on the season) to put it down for the duration of the winter. I was grateful for the mid-60s temps while I was working away!


"Banana Bread Pancakes" and "Bananas Foster Syrup," from Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 103 (January/February 2014), p. 23.

I found it useful to consult "Buttery Toasted Pecans," from Julia Reed on SouthernLiving.com. [Updated 29 November 2022]

No comments: