Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Red Velvet Cheesecake

After botching one pie on the final weekend of August, I was left with a whole extra chocolate/vanilla cookie crust, formed and baked in a regular pie dish. I dove into my cheesecakes recipe notebook, settling on a red velvet version that I could pare down by one-third to fit the available space. (The filling was just the right amount, in fact!) I baked it to what seemed like the right degree of doneness on that Sunday afternoon; then, on Monday, I whipped up the sweetened cream cheese topping so that it could serve as dessert on August's final Monday evening.

While I definitely dig red velvet creations, and have a wonderfully varied track record of them (ice cream, layer cake, sheet cake, pound cake, cinnamon rolls, cookies, pots de crème, and frosted sugar cookies), this was just the second time I've made a red velvet cheesecake...and first time with this specific recipe.


"Red Velvet Cheesecake," by Karen Dively (Chapin, South Carolina). Published online by Taste of Home. [Updated 28 July 2023]

No comments: