Search RoHo Blog

Monday, September 4, 2023

Chocolate Pudding Pie

If I had followed the recipe properly, this post would be describing the glorious chocolate cream pie recipe from Emeril Lagasse's time at the Food Network. Alas, I overlooked a crucial step and left out the folding of sweetened whipped cream, so instead we basically enjoyed a deeply-chocolatey pudding pie in a chocolate and vanilla cookie crust. Once I realized I'd made an error that could not be rectified, a threw up my hands and left it be, in high hopes we'd still think it was a decent pie. As the dessert Saturday night a week ago, it was reasonable enough. The lingering disappointment I still felt was surely due to entrenched memories of the better result when the whipped cream is folded in, and a light airy sweet chocolate cream pie sits enticingly on the dessert fork.


A mistake-laden bastardization of "Emeril's Chocolate Cream Pie," by Emeril Lagasse (2007). Featured on The FoodNetwork.com website.

No comments: