Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 8, 2023

Meal No. 3430: Chicken Fried Rice

Cooler and still very little sun on the penultimate day of August, I spent too much of that Wednesday afternoon with a bit of gnawing hunger, and into my head popped the idea of a nice dish of chicken fried rice. It's been five years since I last made it, so we can say it was quite overdue. And it was pretty delightful, really, full of great flavor and more than satisfying. I had to scoop up a few more forkfuls from the wok after dinner and before clean-up because I could just not get enough of it!


Based on "Classic Chicken Fried Rice" [Published 26 October 2015 / Updated 04 May 2023] and "How to Velvet Chicken for Stir-Fry" [Published 24 March 2020 / Updated 27 June 2022], from Bill Leung of TheWoksofLife.com.

Supplemental Stir-Fry Sauce inspired by "5 Easy Sauce Recipes that Will Make Everything You Eat Taste Way Better," by Sophia Roe on Well + Good. [Published 09 January 2019]

No comments: