Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Red Hot Velvet Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Only a few days after my most recent attempt at cinnamon rolls, and I decided to take a deep dive into a distractingly funky variation on these delightful pastries: red velvet cinnamon rolls! That's what I found myself tackling last Friday night, carrying over into Saturday morning. It's a yeasty dough but leads to a somewhat pudding-cakey result but it's not without its fun and allure. Perhaps because of the amount of cinnamon-sugared butter that serves as the filling, combined with the wetness of the dough itself, it was hard to serve it up as a constituted whole...each one managed to break or smoosh in some way as I portioned out the individual servings, so the pics are not glorious.

But I could still be cautiously happy about the reviews from the neighbors with whom I shared it:

"I greatly approve. I agree, nothing like I've ever had before, really unique. BUT it was delicious!"

"You are a mad genius, Ray, this is amazing! I am in love with the texture - thank you for sharing!"

"They are like a dessert you would try in a foreign country. Reminds you of a few things you had back in the States, but also not like anything you'd ever had before. Super sweet and familiar yet strange."

Well, mostly happy. We shall count these as my 12th batch of cinnamon rolls, in the ongoing chronicle of them.


"Red Hot Velvet Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting," from Juliana of the Haute + Heirloom blog. [Published 12 February 2012]

No comments: