Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Meal No. 3440: Breakfast Bread Pudding

Last Friday night's gathering for three featured breakfast for dinner, in the tasty form of savory breakfast bread pudding. I made it way too rich, though, by using brioche loaf instead of a regular pain de mie or sandwich bread...but I still ate my entire oversized slice. If I'm looking at grits as an option for a meal, I'm likely to make grits part of the meal, and that was also an inescapable truth of that weekend-starting grubfest.

Dessert also seemed required but I opted for something that would at least feel lighter and still be special: lemon pudding cake. I suppose I let it cook just past the correct baking time but it was still pretty wildly incredible.


"Savory Bread Pudding," by Charlotte Rutledge of King Arthur Baking. [recipe clipping]

Guidance for making the creamy grits: Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

"Lemon Pudding Cake," from Julia Moskin of NYT Cooking. Featured in "Straight from the Home Coop" from 04 April 2012 (original link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/dining/hatching-your-own-batch-of-eggs.html). Recipe was adapted from The Farm, by Ian Knauer. [Accessed online 03 July 2016]

No comments: