Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Meal No. 3340: Filet Mignon

The chill air of a 43°F dawning in downtown Winston-Salem was worth embracing only briefly Tuesday morning, when out we went for Sumner’s first act of business that day. We had coffee ready, back inside the house, and then the morning writing time, before I had to switch back into putting the finishing touches on taxes. If it looks like a serious deadline, you can find me standing just this side of it; hence, my dedicated labors as the deadline for April 18th mail loomed over me. The same idiocy that makes me think I can still do my own taxes serves to keep me too dumb to know how to get someone else to do them. I walked the sealed envelopes to the downtown post office in the brilliant sunshine, and then I continued on for a fuller walk of just over four miles. Getting taxes done calls for celebration: in this case, it was filet mignon (boosted with a Donna-gifted rub!) plus garlic roasted asparagus (enhanced with some Donna-gifted herb mix!). It all washed down wonderfully with the perfect accompaniment of the Ebbie-gifted Belhaven Scottish ale.

No comments: