Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

Black and White Cake

From a cake-mastering Canadian comes a recipe for another awesome layered luxury: black and white cake, the fitting end to the gathering of chums that occurred this past Saturday night. As per his recommendation, I prepared it as two 8-inch layers, a deviation from my customary dependence on my 9-inch pans approach. This made for a striking stature, especially once frosted with the sweet meringue frosting...also a rare feat for me.

A good smear of chocolate and streaks of elusive frosting on the finished plates were testaments to desserts well-enjoyed. I'm glad I finally gave this cake a trial run.


"Black and White Cake," from Barry C. Parsons of RockRecipes.com. [Originally published 27 March 2008 / Updated 09 January 2023]

No comments: