Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Meal No. 3275: Salmon Croquettes

As is somewhat customary, I bought extra salmon so that the remaining cooked portions could be incorporated into a subsequent meal of salmon croquettes...which occurred this past Monday evening. I still had plenty of garlic-chili-lime aïoli, and I made a fresh batch of roasted garlic asparagus. It was too much and terribly good!

The streets around the house were somewhat more quiet, with the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday closures, and that morning was invasively and unsparingly cold when Sumner and I made our several excursions outside before moving into the day's routines. But once more the bluebird couple (see photo above) was doing its investigatory due diligence regarding the birdhouse on the property line fence, and I can only hope that they decide to take up residence.

Although we had limited sunshine, it warmed up enough for me to engage in some much-needed attention to the overgrown ornamental grass in the backyard. I got five of the seven chopped back and, quite frankly, wish I could just dig them all up. They are much bigger and expansive than I had intended.

I was back at it on Wednesday with the painful and exhausting reminder that tools make the job. I need a chainsaw. All I had was a limb saw. I did the best I could and still fell short of removing just one of the ornamental grass plants.


Adapted from "Salmon Burgers" (p. 396) and "Herb Sauce" (p. 395), from Denise Austin, Shrink Your Female Fat Zones, Rodale Books (2003).

"Chili-Lime Aïoli," from David Wald of Princeton, NJ, May 2009.

No comments: